Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The "REACTIONS" to TREASURE TRAILS (at the bottom of each blog post) -- A reset

Readers.   Thank you for your continued support of this blogsite.

As I've mentioned in previous blogs I don't really get much feedback from readers.  I know that people are enjoying the site because of the volumes of page visits (almost 7 million now since we began) and 663 "members".  Occasionally, people leave comments which in most cases are greatly appreciated and encouraged.

A week or so ago the "Reaction" radial button counts that were at the bottom of each blog entry ("Makes Me Wet", "Sexy", "More of This") which have been used since the beginning of this blogsite in May 2008 were not operating correctly for new blog postings.

I couldn't figure out how to get the problem fixed.   A fellow blogger, suggested I reset the "reaction" radial button settings.   I did this today.

The results didn't surprise me.  I had to rename each "Reaction" option and when I did that, essentially start all of the counts over eliminating ALL accumulated responses.  I hope it will fix the problem that I was having where the reaction totals fluctuated up and down.  (There should only be one indication of these reactions and that is an increase in the total count of each option).

So we started a new day, so to speak.  Some of you may never use the "Reaction" radial buttons or "Comments".  I understand completely.

I use the your "reactions" to sort of gauge the audiences preferences.  Sure, I can see what the page hits are but the daily page visits is hard to truly understand reader's preference.

The Reactions (and the Comments) features make the blog site more interactive.  These indicators make the site more interactive experience for me.  I think that is probably true for the blogsite's visitors by seeing what others thought about the "Reaction" results.  More people take the time to hit a radial button than to make a comment.

When you get the chance, I hope you'll all help update previous entries.

I hope that fixed another issue that some of you may have experienced.   The previous "Reactions" radial button responses were a bit lengthier:  "makes me wet", "sexy", "more of this".     What happened on some entires was that once the first two response counts had two digit totals, the last category fell off and you couldn't see it.   The choice is now "Makes Me Wet", "Sexy", "More!".  This truncation issue should go away now.

But we we had to sacrifice all previous reaction results since May 2008.

Sorry for this bit of housekeeping news.

1 comment:

  1. I have NO idea if you will see this message after a post made so very long ago, but DO KNOW your efforts are appreciated. The Trail is a part of life for me, I am ALWAYS looking at them in pictures, online, in mainstream media, in sporting events, AND in real life, like in the line at the market when a clueless totally straight guy lifts his tee shirt to grab his wallet and wow, sometimes you get an eyeful. I have happened onto this site many times accidentally, and as I am kinda stupid and don't know how to bookmark things on this computer, I have to just hope certain keywords, or the Google reverse-image search vehicle will get me back here. I LOVE your insights on fur, the patterning, thickness, curvature, offshoots, so many wonderful adjectives in your commentaries for each specimen. DO NOT BE SAD, your time is NOT wasted in what you do! I LOVE this place, it is a, well, "warm and fuzzy" retreat to visit and re-visit! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete